January 2014 – April 2014
Our family focus for the next few months will be Rekindled@Home. We want to encourage Bethel families to become more intentional about creating God-honoring marriages. Pastor Matthew introduced this theme on January 19 and you can listen to his message online. Below is an overview of the other resources we have available to help you strengthen your marriage:
- We are providing a number of Date Night activity cards to give you creative ideas on how to strengthen your marriage. They will encourage discussion between you and your spouse about various aspects of your relationship together. You can find these cards on many different marriage topics in our @Home Center and on the @Home Resources page of our website.
- A number of book resources on marriage are available for purchase in the @Home Center. These books are each $2 off the regular price during this marriage focus (through April).
- Audio resources about marriage are available online or can be purchased as CDs in the @Home Center.
- Free brochures on marriage topics are available through the Family Stages links or in the @Home Center.
- A helpful class on marriage is being offered at Bethel this semester. The Art of Marriage is offered on Wednesday evenings at 6:30 p.m. in Room B. It started January 15 and runs for six weeks.
- We are encouraging our families to attend the Laugh Your Way Conference with Mark Gungor that Hope Lutheran South is hosting on Friday, March 14 (7 p.m.-10 p.m.) and Saturday, March 15 (9 a.m.-12 p.m.). Improve your marriage and reduce marital problems with Mark Gungor’s exclusive advice. Mark’s humor makes his teaching enjoyable, effective and memorable, helping husbands and wives remember his insights and immediately put them to work. Couples will laugh, learn, and be able to make real, positive changes to their marriage.
- Tickets are $29 per person and can be purchased online or by calling 866.525.2844
- Our Family Winter Carnival was held on Saturday, February 8 (11 a.m.-2 p.m.).
Our prayer is that you will make the growth of your marriage a priority in the days ahead. Our church community is only as strong as our families.
Click Here to download a copy of the Rekindled @Home brochure.