What is Awana?
Awana is a global, nonprofit ministry with fully integrated evangelism and long-term discipleship programs for ages 2 to 18 that actively involves parents and church leaders. Each week, more than 4 million children and youth, 470,000 volunteers and 260 field staff take part in Awana in over 47,000 churches around the world. Offered through local churches, Awana reaches kids where they’re at and walks alongside them in their faith journey.
How Awana Works
Activities each night are broken into three distinct phases. Our strategy here is to meet the needs of every child – from the rambunctious child who has energy to burn to the inquisitive one who loves to hear stories. We even have themes each week to make it even more fun! You can click here to see the calendar (coming soon) for the year including special themes and holiday breaks.
Kindergarten-6th Grade Kids and all volunteers are REQUIRED to wear a mask.
All Elementary Kids will meet either in the Room 8, Room 120, the FLC or Gym and be seated at tables with 4 kids and a leader.
- Council Time will be presented to the entire room at one time (20 minutes)
- Game Time and fun activities will occur at each tables. (15 minutes)
- Handbook Time will be done as a group and kids will move together through their handbook, reciting verses and working on the questions or Bible passages. (25 minutes)
Awana Clubs and Ages
NURSERY (Less than 2 year olds) – Limited space and parents must be involved in a Wednesday night ministry in the building. This age group will remain in one room for the evening.
PUGGLES (2 year olds) – Limited space and parents must be involved in a Wednesday night ministry in the building. This age group will remain in one room for the evening.
CUBBIES (3-4 year olds)- Limited Space. Groups will stay in one assigned room, except for possibly traveling to a large group room for puppet show and story time. Parents are required to be in the building but not necessarily involved in a program.
KINDERGARTEN SPARKS will meet downstairs in Room 8. Leaders will be assigned to a table with 4 kids, which is their handbook group.
1st/2nd Grade SPARKS will meet in the FLC and sit at round tables that are spread out with a leader and 4 kids. Boy and Girls will be on different sides of the room but remain together for the night.
3rd/4th Grade TnT will meet in the Gym and sit at round tables that are spread out with a leader and 4 kids. Boy and Girls will be on different sides of the room but remain together for the night.
5th/6th Grade TnT will meet in Room 120 and sit at round tables that are spread out with a leader and 4 kids.
Trek (7th/8th Grade) & Journey (9th-12th Grade) is for students who want to continue on in the Awana program. They will meet from 7:45-8:45 p.m. in the Gym and FLC. These students also serve as leaders with Puggles – 6th grade during regular Awana.
How to Register
- Due to COVID, we are strongly discouraging walk-in registration on the day of Awana.
- We are limiting the amount of kids per group, and therefore will not be certain we have space for your child(ren) if you walk in the day of Awana. Therefore, pre-registration at least a WEEK prior to the next Awana date will be required.
- Register and Pay through our online database to officially reserve your child’s spot. https://bethel.ccbchurch.com/goto/forms/262/responses/new
How to Volunteer
A great way to invest in your children and the next generation. A place to serve together. Volunteer positions are available for nursery, preschool and elementary kids. During our ministry year you can join us at any time. It takes over 100 volunteers to make Awana run smoothly each week.
To volunteer, email Delia or call/text her at 701.730.1956.