Re-Opening Plan for June 7, 2020
During our re-opening, we have two in-person worship opportunities at 9:00 and 10:45 am:
- in the Family Life Center for a livestream service with mask requirement
- in our Worship Center for our Live Service with masks optional
There are still some important recommendations. For older adults (those over age 60), those with underlying health conditions, and other populations at heightened risk from COVID-19, it’s important to continue to limit time in the community.
We are following the ND Smart Restart recommendations for the Green Level. The guidelines are as follows:
- follow social distancing guidelines (stand/sit at least 6 feet apart)
- encourage high-risk attenders to continue to stay home
- have hand sanitizer readily available
- minimize physical contact including common elements
In addition to the ND Smart Restart recommendations, for your safety Bethel will:
- shorten service times on 1 hour or less to allow for cleaning
- clean and disinfect our facilities extensively between uses
- discontinue food services until further notice
- discontinue Children’s Ministry until further notice
- discontinue Traditions until further notice
- require our Greeters, Ushers and Gatekeepers to follow the Green Level guidelines including masks required
The health and well-being of our congregation is our first priority. We will continue to communicate important announcements during the re-opening process.
Join us Online
We’ve also created a Facebook group for attendees of Bethel Church to better connect for sharing of resources, prayer requests, ideas to serve neighbors, and generally continue the community building we are used to.
Bethel Church is committed to keeping our church family informed with regard to ministry updates regarding COVID-19. To do this we have organized a staff team to monitor developments, as information is released by Fargo Cass Public Health, the City of Fargo, N.D. Department of Health, and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
How can we continue our mission during this time of change?
Our team has gathered some great resources for you listed under the subheadings of our mission to Love God, Love Others, and Serve the World. Equipping and serving the body of Christ at Bethel is a first priority for our entire team.
Please also remember that your financial support is helpful in this season. When you give to the general fund, a good amount of that goes toward our global and local outreach. Our partners are certainly going to be relying on us during this season. If you would like to designate your giving to helping those in financial crisis simply select benevolence in your giving. Benevolence funds give preference to those within our Bethel Church family.
Saddleback Church daily devotion
Bethel Church (Devil’s Lake) daily devotion
Playlist of songs to comfort
Blog for Men on Living Faith in Testing Times
Using your Family time in the Quarantine
A prayer from Philippians 4
Thoughts from CS Lewis
Love Others in the Church
What we can learn from the past
How to Talk to Children About the Coronavirus
10 Tips to Help Your Kids Feel Safe, Not Scared
Free Digital Bible Resources From Crossway During Coronavirus
What might Christians do in faith?
Love your Neighbor
COVID-19 Spiritual First Aid – BLESS Method: Meeting Core Needs
“I Can Help” Printable Handouts
Practice Good Hygiene
Many of our staff are already working remotely. We will continue to keep our office hours as normal as possible for as long as possible.
Anyone visiting Bethel Church should take the following personal preventative measures, as encouraged by the CDC:
- Stay home if you or a family member is sick.
- Cover your cough.
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly.
- Avoid shaking hands.