Christmas can still change the world!
Advent in Action is an opportunity for the Bethel Church family to give an additional gift this Christmas season to help raise funds for our special project.
We believe a gift like Advent in Action can be transformative in our community as a visible reminder of the generosity of God. Sacrificial and joyful giving demonstrates our Heavenly Father's joy in giving His Son to the world in need of a savior.
What are we raising money for?
This year, we are partnering with Tracy Alin, Founder and President of Amistad Worldwide, to provide clean water to people in India, in Jesus name. The funds we raise will be used to hire people who otherwise cannot work to place wells in communities desperate for clean water. Each well costs $190. As the wells are dug and installed, a clear gospel presentation is shared.
What is Amistad?
Amistad Worldwide is a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization. Their main goal is to demonstrate the love of Christ and develop the potential and dignity of the world’s poorest people who live on $1 a day or less. They aim to accomplish this by partnering with those working in the Third World to bring the Gospel and sustainable solutions to poverty. These include sponsorship and empowerment of orphans & widows, providing education and jobs, and placing clean water wells in impoverished villages. They currently work in 3 countries, India, Nepal, and Uganda.
Facts about water in countries we aim to serve...
- 60% of the hospital beds in the world are filled with people sick from dirty drinking water
- Kids, especially babies are affected most. Every 19 seconds a mother loses a child to water related illness. 1.5 million children under 5 yrs old die every year because of water related diseases
- 226 million people in India lack safe drinking water
- Women and girls walk an average of 3.5 miles a day to collect water alone on dangerous roads & carrying 40 lbs of water…and it’s likely not even clean.
- A well can bring clean water to a village of 1000 people for only $190
Water is life’s most basic need…
Amistad has placed 4,000 wells and served 4-8 million people in poor villages across 4 states in southern India. 100% of the money raised goes to the field.
Will what I give make a difference?
If we all give a little, it adds up to a LOT. Your gift of $40, $100, or $1,000 will go a long way toward providing water for families around the world. If every adult at Bethel gave $50 we would quickly raise over $60,000!
$60,000 = 316 wells = 316,000 people getting clean water!
Let's join together this season in sending a special gift to support Amistad Worldwide. Merry Christmas!
Giving is available online and during our worship services from December 3-December 31, 2023.