Turn Hunger Into Hope
Please consider signing up to serve from 4:00-6:00 p.m. on Friday at fmsc.org/fargo. Our timeslot is full!
On Friday, February 1 from 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. at Scheels Arena we will pack as many Manna Meals as possible during the Fargo-Moorhead Feed My Starving Children Mobile Pack event.
Our city-wide goals are to see 14,000 volunteers pack 2,500,000 meals in 3 days at the Scheels Arena. In case you missed it, that is 2.5 million meals!
To accomplish such a big dream, we are working with area churches, non-profits, and businesses to raise $550,000.
During this packing session, each volunteer will pack an average of $50 of food, which provides 216 meals and feeds a starving child for seven months! That’s less than 25 cents per meal!
Feed My Starving Children (FMSC) is a Christian nonprofit committed to feeding God’s children hungry in body and spirit. The approach is simple: children and adults hand-pack meals specifically formulated for undernourished children. FMSC meals are donated to partners worldwide and distributed every day in schools, orphanages, clinics, and feeding programs to deliver hope.
- For 14,000 plus volunteers to join us in making 2.5 Million meals January 31-February 2.
- For 1,000 plus Bethel volunteers to serve on Friday, February 1, 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. together. Sign up here.
- For each meal to be used by God to bring hope to an undernourished child.
- For our community to see the churches working together as a witness of Christ’s love for all people.
“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me… “
(Matthew 25:34-35 ESV)
We have signed on to a God-sized dream of having 1,000 volunteers serve together on February 1 from 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. Make a commitment to join us at Scheels Arena and help feed undernourished children around the world.
Volunteer Age Guidelines
- Please follow the student-to-adult ratios when registering to volunteer:
- Grade 10-12: 5 students to 1 adult (see below)
- Grade 7-9: 4 students to 1 adult
- Grade 3-6: 3 students to 1 adult
- Grade K-2: 1 student to 1 adult
- Everyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- High School Groups: At least half of the required chaperones must be non-students (teachers, advisors, parents). If needed, a few 18-year-olds will be allowed to fill in as chaperones.
- The minimum age to volunteer at FMSC is 5 years old. However, we recommend that groups of youth be 3rd grade and older.
- FMSC Staff reserve the right to amend volunteer scheduling.
Jewelry and other accessories present the potential for foreign objects to accidentally fall into our lifesaving meals. To avoid the possibility of losing loose objects in any of its meals, FMSC requires that all jewelry and other accessories be removed.
View the FMSC Corporate Sponsorship Guide for ways your local business can support the Mobile Pack. Sponsorships which include advertising begin at $500.