Bethel Church is pleased to once again support Operation Christmas Child by providing boxes to our church members as well as the community. You will see a table by the Outreach Center in the foyer starting Sunday, October 17-November 21, 2021, where you can get the needed materials to put a box together. This is a fun activity to do as a family with your kids, grandkids, or just in support of the many children across the globe that are affected by this small gift. This is a life changing experience for the children that receive a box. And it will be for your family too.
Once your box is ready, bring it back to the table in the foyer before Sunday, November 21 and we’ll get it where it needs to go!
The COVID-19 global pandemic has disrupted everyday life for millions of people around the world. Children need great joy now more than ever. Most of all, they need the hope found only in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Will you partner with us to share that glorious hope with boys and girls around the world—many of whom have never heard the Name of Jesus?
We still encourage you to prayerfully pack shoeboxes full of toys, school supplies, and hygiene items for children in need around the world. If, however, getting out to a store is difficult for you due to the pandemic, consider building a shoebox online! You can still select the items you want to include in your box and personalize it with a note and photo. Last year, many people chose to create a goal page to encourage others in their church or group to build shoeboxes online, too! Many of these shoeboxes are delivered to hard-to-reach areas to share the Good News in a culturally sensitive way.
How many boxes will you make this year?
- Pack a box. Pack 2 boxes. Pack 10 boxes! And challenge your friends and family to do the same. Return them to Bethel by Sunday, November 21.
- Build a box online. Build 2 boxes online. Build 10 boxes online! ⇒
- Make a donation online to help cover shipping costs. A donation of $9 will cover the shipping of someone’s box and ensure it gets to the right child!
- Volunteer to help. You can speak to Harvey or Peg Seidel on Sundays at the OCC table to see how you might help locally.
- Follow Your Box! Every shoebox needs a $9 donation to provide for collecting, processing, shipping, and other project costs. If you make this donation online, you can Follow Your Box and receive a tracking label.
- Pray for every box that goes out. Records show that the chances are incredibly high that the child that receives your box will receive Christ for the first time. These children really will change the world.
For more information you may contact Sueann at email@example.com or call 701.232.4476.
Operation Christmas Child, the world’s largest Christmas project, brings joy and hope to needy children around the world through gift-filled shoe boxes and the Good News of God’s love. Since 1993, more than 86 million shoe box gifts have been delivered to children in more than 130 countries.
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.